How do we on-board brands?
Garb & Go carefully sources all of their products from brands that are able to disclose all of their policies and practices. This includes their factories, suppliers, social and environmental impacts, supply chain standards, etc. We assess brands in two areas that we believe are essential to running a sustainable and ethical business.
- Willing to publicly share their ethical and sustainable practices
- Social policies, practices, and commitments
- Environmental policies, practices, and commitments
- Supply chain standards
- Processing facilities & mills
Where do we get our packaging?
In a world where plastic waste is continuing to be a large issue. We are making a commitment to be plastic free where we can throughout our company. We use sustainable packaging materials from No Issue.
- The compostable mailers are made from a combination of PBAT, a bio-based polymer that is compostable, and PLA which is made up of plant materials such as regular ﬁeld corn and wheat straw. The use of PLA makes up barely 0.05% of the annual global corn crop, making it an incredibly low-impact resource. Read on for further certifications and information. The bags are certiﬁed by TUV Austria; meeting American, European, International, and Australian standards – including certiﬁcations for your domestic home compost. To gain these certiﬁcations, the product must break down within 90 days in commercial compost and 180 days in domestic compost conditions, including worm farm compost. After degradation, they must leave no harmful residues behind.
- Learn more about No Issue's mailers
Tissue paper and paper stickers:
- FSC certified
- Acid-free paper
- Soy-based inks
- Learn more about No Issue's tissue paper
- Learn more about No Issue's stickers
We are a small and growing company so please bear with us as we continue to find ways to improve and do better. If you'd like to chat or drop us a message please email us at email@example.com!